What we’re looking for
We are seeking 2 candidates as Software Developers to join our dynamic, multidisciplinary and multinational software development team in our Headquarters in Santiago de Compostela. The ideal candidates will:
- Be able to demonstrate extensive experience in programming with Java, Eclipse RCP, SQL, GIT, Modularity concepts (OSGi), Maven, Jenkins, Unit Tests, Integration Testing, UI tests (e.g. TestComplete) and knowledge of UI/UX concepts.
- Be able to demonstrate extensive experience in software development with Java, SQL, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Unit Tests, Integration Testing, UI tests (e.g. TestComplete) and knowledge of algorithms and Datastructures (e.g. Noise estimation, peak picking).
In addition, we will positively value:
- Academic education in software development, ideally to Master or PhD level, although BSc level will also be considered.
- High level of English, primarily reading and writing, but spoken English will also be highly valued.
- Experience and knowledge in signal processing and/or life sciences fields would be a further advantage.
Mestrelab Research SL develops scientific software which is sold globally to a range of industries, including pharmaceutical, chemical, food & beverage, government and academic institutions. The successful candidates will integrate into a large software development team, with 25 developers and subject matter experts, in a multinational environment. You will work in the development of software for operation of hardware instrumentation developed by our partner, Bruker Daltonics, and the processing of the data generated by this equipment.
What we offer:
- Good salary and benefits
- An innovative, very dynamic environment
- The opportunity and challenge of continuous learning and skills development
- Scientific challenges and innovation-based projects with our team, customers and partners
- Flexible working environment including days working from home (fully from home available during the COVID pandemic)
- Full time position
- Flexible working hours
a dynamic innovative company
We have grown from an academic research project to a company with global outreach that provides quality scientific software to thousands of customers. Our aim is to deliver top quality software tools for the scientific research community and to continuously strive to attain state-of-the-art in Graphical User Interfaces, software integration and software science. We believe that scientific software development should be challenging and enjoyable, and this is the base of our vision, which is explained below.
Read more about us here.