What we’re looking for…
To complement our remote team across the globe for Proteomics Bioinformatics, we are looking for an innovative, collaborative and experienced DevOps engineer, maintaining and extending a modern Kubernetes, AWS, Ansible and GitHub based infrastructure. We offer a diversified job in an interdisciplinary project team with flat hierarchies and short decision processes, and a secure, unlimited employment relationship in an international group with flexible working hours and a wide range of benefits.
- Maintain and extend our existing cloud-based DevOps and CI/CD concepts and software development infrastructure
- Identify, evaluate and implement new cloud technologies
- Maintaining and extending GitHub actions
- Management of multiple AWS accounts• Maintaining and extending Kubernetes deployments
- Support for our team in with the following technologies:
- Kubernetes / Helm
- Develop backend services in Rust or Golang
- Understanding Java, Python packaging system
- Creating Documentation that allows answering 70% with links
Qualifications and skills
- Education: Informatics engineering
- Experience: 2 years minimum
- Languages; English – Mid level (B2 – C1)
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Engineering, or comparable knowledge and skills.
- You are familiar with modern CI/CD tools and with modern cloud-based and web service-based IT infrastructure have experience with cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Profund experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Go programming language
- Basic knowledge of Ansible and Python
- Basic knowledge of OAuth, Rust, Linux, YubiKeys and AI are highly desired
- Experience with microservices in the context of cloud engineering are highly desired
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Enjoys working in an interdisciplinary team and communicate effectively
- Fluent in English written and verbally
a dynamic innovative company
We have grown from an academic research project to a company with global outreach that provides quality scientific software to thousands of customers. Our aim is to deliver top quality software tools for the scientific research community and to continuously strive to attain state-of-the-art in Graphical User Interfaces, software integration and software science. We believe that scientific software development should be challenging and enjoyable, and this is the base of our vision.
Read more about us here.