What we’re looking for
We are seeking a Scientific Software Developer to join our dynamic, multidisciplinary and multinational software development team in our Headquarters in Santiago de Compostela. The ideal candidates will:
- Be able to design and develop data analysis and visualizations tools for use by researchers and professionals as a member of a global team
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate experience in software development with Angular, Java and Reactive programming as well as delivering solutions for scientific visualization problems.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and UI/UX concepts are highly desired.
In addition, we will positively value:
- Academic education in software development, ideally to Master or PhD level, although BSc level will also be considered.
- High level of English, primarily reading and writing, but spoken English will also be highly valued.
- Experience with microservice in the context of cloud engineering.
- Experience with data engineering
Mestrelab Research SL develops scientific software which is sold globally to a range of industries, including pharmaceutical, chemical, food & beverage, government and academic institutions. The successful candidates will integrate into a large software development team, with 25 developers and subject matter experts, in a multinational environment. You will work in the development of software for operation of hardware instrumentation developed by our partner, Bruker Daltonics, and the processing of the data generated by this equipment.
What we offer:
- Good salary and benefits
- An innovative, very dynamic environment
- The opportunity and challenge of continuous learning and skills development
- Scientific challenges and innovation-based projects with our team, customers and partners
- Flexible working environment including days working from home (fully from home available during the COVID pandemic)
- Full time position
- Flexible working hours
a dynamic innovative company
We have grown from an academic research project to a company with global outreach that provides quality scientific software to thousands of customers. Our aim is to deliver top quality software tools for the scientific research community and to continuously strive to attain state-of-the-art in Graphical User Interfaces, software integration and software science. We believe that scientific software development should be challenging and enjoyable, and this is the base of our vision, which is explained below.
Read more about us here.