What are we looking for?
A candidate to work with our growing Busdev team to develop our market penetration in life sciences as well as other industries (food & beverages, fine chemicals, flavors, etc.)
We encourage applications from individuals who would like to progress within a dynamic company and who enjoys working both independently and as part of a global team. You should have a background in the Life Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical/Chemical Industry, or Analytical Instrumentation, and extensive experience in establishing workflow, writing scripts or small programs (proof of concept), and writing user request specifications. The ideal candidate will have previously worked in an analytical group in a company from where they have good experience of using and managing software, even maybe have previously built a few of their own tools to streamline processes.
You will be customer-driven, with attention to detail, and able to manage your own time in an effective manner.
- Understand the workflows described by our customers and transfer them into proof-of-concept scripts or small programs through your own programming and/or engaging with our development team as appropriate. You should also be comfortable presenting the results of such to customers
- Achieve a high degree of proficiency in demonstrating the use and capabilities of Mestrelab’s enterprise line of products
- Take responsibility in managing projects and supporting the business development department by joining them in presentations and demonstrations, and writing some parts of the statement of work
- Record information related to the projects in Mestrelab’s CRM system
- Capture customers’ needs and ensure that the development team is aware of them
- Attend relevant conferences and provide presentations and/or demonstrations of products in support of business development for dedicated enterprise projects
You will be provided with any relevant training, on a continuous basis, with regard to the solutions you will help to promote and commercialize.
Travel requirements involve visiting customers onsite, attending relevant scientific meetings, and occasionally meeting up with the Mestrelab team at its headquarters in Spain.
What we offer
- Good salary and benefits
- An innovative, highly dynamic environment
- Work from anywhere
- Work and travel – you will travel on company business in Europe. Expect travel to take up between 25%-40% of your working time
- Highly flexible working hours!
Mestrelab Research SL develops scientific software, which is sold globally to a range of industries, including pharmaceutical, chemical, food and beverage, governmental and academic institutions.
a dynamic innovative company
We have grown from an academic research project to a company with global outreach that provides quality scientific software to thousands of customers. Our aim is to deliver top quality software tools for the scientific research community and to continuously strive to attain state-of-the-art in Graphical User Interfaces, software integration and software science. We believe that scientific software development should be challenging and enjoyable, and this is the base of our vision, which is explained below.
Read more about us here.
MESTRELAB RESEARCH is a relatively young innovative company
We have grown from an academic research project to provide quality scientific software to thousands of customers. To deliver top quality software tools for the scientific research community and to continuously strive to attain state-of-the-art in Graphical User Interfaces, software integration and software science. We believe that scientific software development should be challenging and enjoyable, and this is the base of our vision, which is explained below. Read more about us here.